This Mango Matcha Nut Butter Smoothie Is Happiness in A Cup
A few key ingredients turn a basic banana mango smoothie into a powerhouse.
Breakfast, lunch or snack, this is a smoothie that has your back. With the inclusion of spirulina and matcha, there is very little that this smoothie doesn't have. Spirulina is a type of algae with many healthy benefits. It fights inflammation, fatique and may even fight cancer, according to research. The downside? It doesn't really taste that great.
So dress it up.
Matcha might initially seem like a strange partner to pair with spirulina. However, matcha has its own powerful health benefits including catechins which are antioxidants that fight disease and L-theanine which reduces anxiety and stress.
Lift your mood, mind and strength with a smoothie that delivers a power packed punch.
Matcha Butter and Mango Smoothie Recipe (Serves 1)
What you need
- Ground Up Nut Butters Limited Edition Matcha Latte (matcha, cashew and coconut butter spread)
- Maple syrup from Purinton Maple made in Vermont
- Coconut Water
- Lauren Granola (matcha, walnut, ginger) from She is French for the top
- MetaMatcha matcha (optional)
Specialty Items: Shop matcha, Ground Up Nut Butters 'Matcha Latte' spread, maple syrup and granola on treatmo iOS app
Prepare in advance (optional)
We laced a glass with 1/4 tsp MetaMatcha matcha powder and put it in the freezer.
Step 1 - Add all ingredients (except for granola) to blender
- 1/4 tsp matcha (for the glass)
- 1/2 mango
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp (or more) Matcha Latte spread by Ground Up Nut Butters
- 4 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 to 2 cups of coconut water (depending on desired thickness)