When You've Got The Right Spice Line Up The Rest Is Easy
You can pull this seven layer dip together in 30 minutes or less and be ready for a crowd.
The more you think about doing something and delaying, the more difficult it seems. The best thing to do with a seven layer dip is just dive in. The Treatmo marketplace helps by providing options that go further in taste and health like the spices we use in this recipe to push it over the top.
This recipe requires no cooking and minimal prep time, and it will please a crowd. This healthier version of a seven layer dip, includes a seasoning of fresh herbs and spices grown in Arizona. The clever combination of flavors makes this dish extra delicious and good for you too.
What You Need
- 2 Avocados
- 1/8 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (use a vegan alternative if you like)
- 1 teaspoon Daddy's Gourmet Island Spice (includes Black Hawaiian sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon Daddy's Gourmet Mexican Spice
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 White onion
- 2 ounces Olive slices
- 2 ounces Chiles
- Refried beans
- Black beans
- Cheese (use a plant based option if you like). Open the Treatmo Marketplace App to order delicious cashew and oat-based cheese--awesome as spreads and dips--from Sanctuary Vegan Cheese. See the app for local Los Angeles area locations and shipping options.
What's missing from this recipe? Extra salt. The Daddy's Gourmet Island spice is dried lime, lime basil, habenero and black Hawaiian sea salt with lemon thyme. It's all you need and using a salt herb blends allows you to leave out the normal teaspoon of salt most recipes call for. This cuts down on the sodium already present in the beans.
1) Make the avocado mix. Scoop your two avocados into a bowl and add chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon Island spice from Daddy's Gourmet and fresh lime juice from half a lime. Set aside.
2) Add sour cream to a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of the Mexican spice mixture of Island and mix together. Set aside.
3) Dice tomatoes and onion, add olives and chiles and stir together. Set aside.
4) In an 8" by 8" dish, layer the refried beans, plus the drained and rinsed black beans on top.
5) Layer on avocado, sour cream, salsa, veggie medley, cheese and Enjoy!
The Island spice we use here can also double as a margarita mix, check it out here. Daddy's Gourmet organic herb farm in Mesa, Arizona makes spice and salt blends that add more flavor to food than you might have thought possible.
It's the little things that push the big things to the next level. Order from Daddy's Gourmet mobile store on Treatmo iOS app. See how it works! If you live in Arizona, you can pick up your spices direct from Daddy's Gourmet. See their locations in the app.
Recipe notes: You can easily substitute beans with yams or sweet potatoes or a meat of your choosing!