Maple Cinnamon Roasted Nuts - The Perfect Holiday Gift!
One of my all time favorite combinations is maple cinnamon!
I set out to capture the smell and flavor of warm, sweet, comforting MAPLE CINNAMON ROASTED NUTS, the kind you get at a farmers market that are coated with cinnamon and sugar.
These candied nuts turned out just as delicious without all of the added refined sugar! I plan to make a few more batches of these candied nuts, package them in mini mason jars and give them out as gifts around the holidays!
They're the perfect gift but they'd also be delicious tossed in an arugula salad and beets and goat cheese! However, you eat them, they are incredibly delicious, here’s what you have to do!
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Organic Vermont Maple Syrup from Square Deal Farm)
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil (I used Kamen Foods brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used Redmond's Real Salt)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt
2. Add nuts to bowl, and stir until they are completely coated
3. Pour nuts evenly onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 325F for 10 minutes, or until toasted but not burnt!!
4. Stir halfway through. Allow to cool for 1 hour, and enjoy!
Square Deal Farm Organic Maple Syrup and Kamen Foods cold pressed organic coconut oil are both available on Treatmo iOS app! You can also shop farm direct almonds in bulk through the treatmo market--you won't believe the difference in freshness.
No time to make nuts at home? Shop a huge variety of nuts--from roasted cashews to flavored mixes -- on Treatmo iOS App - Farm Direct!
Shop and gift fresh and natural food in a tap! Download on iTunes.